• Northwestern Knives
    Afternoon folks, since starting my knife making journey, like many others I started out cutting my blade profiles with a hacksaw, for those that have done it will know how much hard work goes into cutting one profile out and obviously the thicker the steel the longer and more difficult it becomes, so I recently decided to design and make myself a bandsaw table using a portable bandsaw as I am limited on space in the workshop, to say I should have done this earlier is an understatement as it has made the cutting job a HELL of a lot easier, I would highly recommend you knife makers in upgrading to a bandsaw if you are still using the hacksaw you will not be disappointed
    Attachments
    25F0C76D-CEF2-4A2A-B164-E29305D37064 (54K)
    512AE75F-E1BC-415B-AD83-ED9236F99227 (49K)
    1BE63E25-0AAA-456D-9273-FBEC985F8142 (51K)
  • Satterfieldknives
    That’s pretty damned innovative
  • JR Knifemaker
    I’ve got exactly the same bandsaw! That’s given me some inspiration... hard to construct?
  • Northwestern Knives
    Not hard to construct but tricky to design, I have designed it to be one piece
  • Chop Knives
    Nice! What is the model of the Makita saw?
  • Wesley Wernimont
    Very nice indeed. I went with the version swag makes. m9ouvz2bf9l6walz.jpeg
  • Northwestern Knives
    The swag tables look great, I like the accessory features on them, the cost for us to get one of them over here is nearly double what the table cost because of import fees.
  • BBMFB
    @Northwestern Knives

I like the slots in the table. Do they work as intended? I'm tired of cutting bristles of my paint brush.
  • Chop Knives
    Looks like a nice bit of kit. As someone who owns some of Dans work (grinding jig and small wheel attachment) I can bet it will be built like a tank too.
  • BBMFB
    I've had a swag table for about a year and the one thing I think it needs is a little bit of tank built in. I use My band saw off the table almost as much as on(I'm always building something out of metal), and I can see some wear happening from the on and off action. But other wise I've been happy with it.
  • Northwestern Knives
    they do work but the chips need to be cleared regularly, I usually clear the chips from the slots in between each blade.
  • Jeff Kushen
    I built my own stand, but for a table i just replaced the existing guide with a piece of 1/4" steel plate. It sits stable, and can be removed from the stand with the twist of a butterfly nut.
  • Neil Yeager
    I built a stand and a work rest. It is solid and does a nice job.hoouteql9q08gw80.jpg
  • Jeff Kushen
    Very nicely done! Functional, light and easy to replace if something bad happens... like vibrating off the table! ;-)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Knife Talk forum!

Sign up to the forum for free to start discussions and get your questions & queries answered and engage with the community.