• Matt Brookes
    Hey everyone.

This is my home made heat treat oven, which some of you may have seen on Instagram (more pics and a video over there).

All in cost £250 tops.

It's been hard at work over the last few weeks and is doing a great job. However at some point I'm going to upgrade to a professionally built oven with a larger capacity.

I've been looking around the Web to find a UK company supplying preferably an Evenheat, which seem to be hard to come by. There is a company selling Paragon ovens at fairly good prices.

I know Soul Ceramics offer the best prices in the U.S but with shipping costs etc to the UK can that really be the best option.

Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Matt

1tv4xu5a3uvigul9.jpeg
    c3u0ybhr42eweqiq.jpeg
  • Chop Knives
    An Evenheat is worth every penny but I understand that shipping & taxes can be crazy.

A more affordable option is a Rockblade Kiln. Sandy from @youngknives recently bought one. They are from Italy and are very affordable.
  • Matt Brookes
    thanks Craig! I'll have a look at their website. Merry Christmas!
  • Swift Knives UK
    Can you tell us more ?

There website does not seem to have prices. @youngknives can you shed any light on this ?

Thanks in advance.
  • Chop Knives
    never used one but spoke to the makers at Coutelia this year and they seemed like nice guys.

The ovens seem to be well insulated too - and they look pretty cool.
  • EW Artifice
    What is the Wattage of this homebrew kiln?
  • Matt Brookes
    hey! It's a little under 1200w
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Knife Talk forum!

Sign up to the forum for free to start discussions and get your questions & queries answered and engage with the community.