• James Watson
    Hello all

I've been making knives for a few years and I think now, I'd like to try and start selling them (there's a baby on the way!) Ive heard that instragram is a great way to get things out there, so I've started an account and now Im kind of stuck at 100 followers

I was wondering if I could ask your advice about the best ways of selling knives on social media...

Is it true that you can put £ and $ signs on instragram... I think you are not aloud to openly sell knives on Facebook????

Any advice would be really appreciated!
  • Matt Brookes
    hey James, I've sold a few knives through Instagram and I have used their shopping facility. You have to have a business account and link it to a Facebook page. It works pretty well, but as you say Facebook can be a little difficult. I make purely culinary knives and have had a couple blocked by FB where others have been allowed no problem.

Matt
  • Jack
    Just wondering....got a few knifes I don't need....getting older...want to thin....
  • fjallravn
    I would recommend you using instagram, everyone sells stuff here, starting with diapers, ending with knives. I've been selling clothes for 5 years on IG and it's cool they invent such things as bots to make the process easier. Like this one https://zen-promo.com/instagram_analytic It can show you popular hashtags in your city, statistics, amount of likes and comments for a period of time etc etc etc. Very useful, without it selling on IG would be much harder.
  • Neil Yeager
    Interesting does any one else have any experience with this Zen Promo?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Knife Talk forum!

Sign up to the forum for free to start discussions and get your questions & queries answered and engage with the community.