• DBUTLER2012
    Where is everyone sending scales to be stabilized and how much should I expect to pay I’m trying to see if it’s worth it to buy a vacuum chamber
  • David Singer
    In the US, knife and gun has top notch stabilization
  • JD Eyler
    As far as wood goes, stabilized material holds up much better to moisture and rot and its much easier to get a high finish on it that will hold up better.
  • Fire beard forge
    Send it to Mel dunlap over at wood Dynamics absolutely hands down the nicest guy out there, he's work is fantastic, you pay by to pound after the wood has been stabilized and the pricing is very fair, he'll also kiln dry your wood if its to green, can't recommend him enough
  • JD Eyler
    Oof I seem to have misread the original post... I have sent a large box to K&G and have had amazing results with all the material I have received back. They even can dry your material for you pre-stabilization.

As far as price I paid I think close to $60 for a medium sized flatrate box jammed full of material. They weigh your material pre and post and charge based on the weight I am pretty sure. The more you do the cheaper per pound it will be
  • DBUTLER2012
    I just bought the stuff and have stabilized 10-15 sets so far and getting good results
  • Neil Yeager
    Also used Wood Dynamics, prices are really reasonable.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Knife Talk forum!

Sign up to the forum for free to start discussions and get your questions & queries answered and engage with the community.