• Phil Mayo
    01 tool steel, kirinite handle and brass pins, just sold it for £60 so I’m very happy!

Just for info, the kirinite was great to work with, smells a bit but comes up nice!

ghims9k0hf4gr7p1.jpeg
    39lszq3lcrclgf23.jpeg
    r47wyjprknme0gcd.jpeg
    ljysksf7p26qx3bx.jpeg
  • Jeff Kushen
    Looks great! Very nicely done and excellent finish work! I heard kirinite is great for low-impact handles like a chefs knife. I make mostly outdoors knives so I haven't tried it yet. Has anyone used it with success on a hard working (lots of impact or extreme temps) knife? Not saying chef's knives don't work hard, but they are more 'delicately used' than a bushcraft or survival knife.
  • EbonbladeCustoms
    Haven't used kirinite on a hard use knife yet but I'll attest to it being a joy to work with and very forgiving. It definitely has a unique smell when working with it (Reminds me the smell when walking past the nail salon on my local mall) Love the details on the handle spine too!
  • Phil Mayo
    Thank you both! I’m not aquatinted with higher impact knives so I can’t comment I’m afraid.

Thanks again
  • Swift Knives UK
    Looks real nice. The file work on the spine is a really nice touch. Keep up the good work :ok:
  • Chop Knives
    That kirinite looks great - I bet it finishes nicely
  • defton
    Good job looks great
  • JH Forgeworks

Like Lazarus with these thread resurrections from 6-8 months ago haha.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Knife Talk forum!

Sign up to the forum for free to start discussions and get your questions & queries answered and engage with the community.