• John roberts
    Does anybody have any accurate and upto date information on where the law stand with regards to selling online? as the only information I can find is murky at best
  • Tom
    All knives are now illegal. We all have to use spoons instead.
  • JR Knifemaker

Hi John-
    You must verify age of buyer, has to be over 18. Other than that it’s unchanged. Some knives are now banned and the law clarified in terms of gravity/auto knives, which were always banned anyway.
    The banned knives are deemed “death star knives” which is a hilariously clumsy legal definition. I challenge any seasoned cutler to define what a “Death Star” knife is, let alone a court to define it!!
    Jake
  • John roberts
    Brilliant, thank you!
  • Tom
    A “Death Star” is the boring basic white guy name for a shuriken. At least according to the gov website.
  • Tom
    I still stand by the spoon comment though. It won’t be long before butter knives are gone too
  • JR Knifemaker
    oh!!!!! That makes sense actually. Although throwing stars were already banned?
    It’s like the “Zombie knife” ban. Not that I have any interest in that sort of thing, the problem isn’t the tool, it’s the holder!
    To be fair the latest legislation will not impact on knifemakers other than the requirement to check for age, which isn’t all that unreasonable. Parents always buy their children camping/bushcraft knives if they want, like mine did.
    Jake
  • Tom
    Yeah it’s just a new classification of them. Shuriken generally follow a standard style but people have put a small twist to the design and claimed it as a new piece to get around the ban. “Death star” is to cover them all under one blanket.
    The zombie knife thing is purposely vague which I’m not a fan of. They could claim a lot of things under it just to get a conviction.
    My parents were the same though. I had a small collection of bushcraft knives, throwing knives and general blades my dad had picked up. It’s not really going to change a lot.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Knife Talk forum!

Sign up to the forum for free to start discussions and get your questions & queries answered and engage with the community.