• Jeff Kushen
    So i am guessing most people were trying to relax and enjoy their summer ( at least in the Northern Hemisphere)! It's been VERY quiet in the forums the last couple months!
  • Chop Knives
    Lots of lurkers - myself included!

It's a good point though. Where is everybody?
  • Tom
    I was working on the house while it was warm out. Guessing people are doing life stuff.
  • JR Knifemaker
    I had a broken thumb and a baby!
  • Jeff Kushen
    James, Kyle, That's not an answer! lol, Tom and JR, that works for me! I personally just spend the last 2 weekends cleaning the shop, pulling everything out and wiping walls, moping floors, cleaning and rearranging equipment. BTW, these were the first weekends since MAY that I haven't had at least 1 of my 4 grand kids over! They are 6, 2, 2, and 1, and I never have only 1, its usually 2 or more. As much as I love them, i am glad school/daycare is back in session so I can get something accomplished! This weeks tasks? Stabilizing 30 pairs of Cherry and 24 sets of White Maple handle scales, and build a rolling cart for my new Evenheat so that when it arrives I can start using it right away. I have 6 knives waiting for it!.

Craig, YOU can lurk all you want! Between twin girls, loving wife, podcasts all week and the business, we appreciate everything you do, so hopefully the rest of us can can pick up the slack here for ya!
  • Tom
    I’ve got a nearly two year old toddler, work 55 hours a week and have a whole ass house/garden to renovate single handed while my wife comments from a distance about how heavy the concrete slabs I carry out the garden look
    But soon it will be finished and I can build a new little workshop and get making stuff
  • Neil Yeager
    Sorry also been a bit of lurker lately as well.
  • JR Knifemaker
    you keep a busy schedule!

On the question posed in this week’s podcast, if I could pick the phone up and speak to a younger me I’d say: “you will learn how to make knives, but you’ll leave it until you’re nearly 30. Do it now, get in the workshop and do it everyday.”

I look back at all the spare time I used to have with despair!
  • Kyle Heath
    Fair enough Jeff. This summer has been rather busy at work. We've been repairing a lot of elevator circuit boards and variable frequency drives. 11-12 hour days and hurricane season still has a couple months to do a lot of damage. My wife recently had our second child at the end of May and our oldest (5) just started kindergarten. Exciting times. I will stop being such a lurker as things slow down. Looking forward to having fun in this forum!
  • Jeff Kushen
    Kyle, CONGRATULATIONS on your new one and your oldest going to school! Exciting times indeed!! Family first! Never let work or hobbies get inthe way of that!
  • Neil Yeager
    Wise words: "work to live don't live to work". I think that includes those of us who are "working" at what we are passionate about. Still make time to pick your head up, recognize what is truly important, family friends and life itself.

Spoken from an old man! ""Do as i say don't do as I do DID!""
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Knife Talk forum!

Sign up to the forum for free to start discussions and get your questions & queries answered and engage with the community.