• JH Forgeworks
    I've been getting multiple requests from people for laser engraving lately. I initially started doing all hand forged blades. Then bought a kiln to do stainless, now I'm doing cerakote blades (and freedom sticks). I'd love to be able to cleanly laser my logo as well as offer other laser engravings onto blades and do stippling and such to things. Is anyone aware of a laser engraver that works on metal and plastics that's not $7,000+? I've seen a couple of youtube videos on the cheap chinese 40 watts that look doable but, I'm hesitant. I have a buddy that has one at his shop but coordinating time when both our schedules work is kind of a pain in the ass. If I can find something acceptable for a decent price, it would be way easier to bring it in-house.

Open to any suggestions/opinions.
  • Chop Knives
    If you find one let me know!

I send mine out for laser engraving. I've been tempted by the $3000 40w fibre lasers on Alibaba but it's a bit of an unknown. I know the Co2 lasers won't be any good, fibre is definitely the way to go.
  • WingOnWing
    It sounds like Glowforge is capable of this: https://glowforge.com/faq/materials-and-uses#what-materials-can-glowforge-cut-engrave

Later in the FAQ they mention engraving on stainless steel with it as well.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Knife Talk forum!

Sign up to the forum for free to start discussions and get your questions & queries answered and engage with the community.