• Brian Dupont
    Hello all. I am planning on giving away this knife very soon on IG. Any advice you guys could give me on hashtags, photography, etc? I'd like to reach more than 5 people with this attempt. I tryed to do a giveaway previously and it was a huge fail. Lol.
  • JR Knifemaker
    Keep it! I’m useless at social media so won’t give advice. But I’ll keep an eye on IG especially if it means I get a chance of it coming my way!!
  • Jeff Kushen
    Very nice!!! Bear in mind I have less than 200 followers... but I would use #giveaway #knifegiveaway #knivesforcooking #chefsknife #knivesaretools #youneedthis #cookingislife

You can also search random hashtags you are looking to use and IG will tell you how many times that hash has been viewed/used. That would help you find tags to use.
  • JH Forgeworks
    I was stuck at about 350-400 followers on IG for over a year. I did a giveaway and it has definitely generated some noticeable increase in followers. Rules were simple. Had to be following me, and tag two people who may be interested. That was it. Guess you could add them re-posting the giveaway post to their stories (which I'll probably do on the next one... maybe) to increase viewership. I gained about 80 new followers out of that original post and have since gained another 100.

As for photography, who knows. I just use my phone and try to tweak the exposure to make it look like it wasn't taken with a potato. I spent $15 on a little photography mat on Amazon so I'd have a somewhat consistent background instead of my dirty shop table that I was using.

Good luck.
  • Brian Dupont
    Thanks a lot fellas. I like all of those hashtags. I got some large craft papers in different colors for the photo shoot and did a preliminary few photos that I posted to my IG. I think they came out pretty good. I'll definitely be doing some research on the "terms to enter". I think I'm running into the same problem as most knife makers on IG...I only have other knife makers following me. Lol! I'm hoping the hashtags will help bring in some home cooks and chef's to be interested in my work. I'm considering bringing my knives to a few local Chefs for testing, what do you guys think? kff0uz3f6tqk2219.jpg
    y11mckmck60of0sz.jpg
  • JH Forgeworks
    Pics look good man. I dig the handle profile. Very nice and super unique. Only critique I would add would be to make the heel taller on the next one. Good luck on the giveaway!
  • Brian Dupont
    Thanks. I've increased the height on the next few from 1.25" to 2.25". I noticed when using this knife that the small heel made it less versatile.
  • JR Knifemaker
    Those are v v nice pics. Taken with a phone?
  • Brian Dupont
    Yes. It's a Huawei and takes incredible photos. I might have China spying on my though. Lol!
  • Jeff Kushen
    Very nice! Yeah a higher heel also prevents knuckles from smacking the cutting board... lol! Great pics!!

I may have to try that... Thanks for the hint.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Knife Talk forum!

Sign up to the forum for free to start discussions and get your questions & queries answered and engage with the community.