• Scott Bongiorno
    Hi I’m brand new to knife making. I was look for a sharpener and found this ruixin pro sharpener online for $75 says its on sale. Has anyone have any experience with it would it be a good starter. Thanks for any info 46ix9nxn2dvtdiqj.png
  • David Rothstein
    Hey man, I've had mine for a few months now and it is amazing. Puts a razor sharp edge on my knives. Easy to use and totally portable. I've been sharpening knives for everyone and making $$$
  • Smith Knifeworks
    It's always worth the effort to learn to sharpen by hand, if you don't have that skillset already, before relying on systems that take the thinking out of it. I would also be concerned about the availability of replacement, quality abrasives for the system. It looks like it may use Edge Pro stones, but unsure...

King makes some very good, inexpensive water stones. A king 300 and then a king combination 1000/6000 paired with an old leather belt, glued to a 2x4 with some hardware store green polishing compound will cost you about the same as that system and will put a fantastic edge on a variety of knives. I particularly like raising a burr on the king 300, stropping on the king 300 to remove what you can of the burr and then stropping on green leather to finish. It makes a GNARLY micro-serration edge that screams through anything that isnt hard.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Knife Talk forum!

Sign up to the forum for free to start discussions and get your questions & queries answered and engage with the community.