• Swift Knives UK
    Hi Guys. I'm currently using a 3m 6300 half face filter that is getting knackered, along with safety glasses.

I'm after a all in one system ( respirator and eye protection ) but don't have a bomb to spend. Can anybody recommend a system, or what they are currently using that they find really good.

Thanks in advance.
  • Matt Propst
    @Chop Knives who makes the respirator you'd mentioned? Also I could see from a post on your instagram you wear it while wearing glasses. Have you run into any issues with the seal on the respirator while wearing glasses?
  • Chop Knives
    mine is the Axminster APF but I believe it is a rebranded powercap.

They work great with glasses. The seal isn’t an issue as it’s positive pressure, it blows air out stopping anything get in.
  • Youngknives
    Try the trend air pro mste. Holds a brilliant charge and is comfortable to wear
  • Stromberg Knives
    I would recommend the 3M Versaflo Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR). I've tried a lot of face masks over the years and by hindsight I should have invested in this system from the beginning.

• It doesn't restrict your vision
    • You can use it with a beard
    • You get a nice cool breeze of air around your face
    • It's very comfortable compared to ordinary face masks

You'll find more information here.

While I understand it's a substantial investment, I believe you shouldn't cheap out on PPE. Your health is worth it.
  • JR Knifemaker
    I'm going to get the 3M versaflow. I think it has a higher "assigned protection factor", and after a year of using sh*tty facemasks, I should be more responsible. £300-odd, but worth it in the long run.
  • Tom
    I’m using the airshield pro at the moment and it’s done me well. Only set me back about £150, has 8 hour battery and spare parts/consumables are cheap.
  • Neil Yeager
    I bought the one from Axminster. Evolution Powered Respirator. I have seen some comments/reviews on it and some say that it is not rated to a high enough PPM. But since I put it on and keep it on I think overall I have better protection.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Knife Talk forum!

Sign up to the forum for free to start discussions and get your questions & queries answered and engage with the community.