• Josh Hiett
    A long way back, after ruining a lot of stuff because I couldn’t see what I was grinding, I started adding lights overhead in the ceiling above my grinder. And I just kept adding lights on top of lights on top of lights etc till I was satisfied that I could see everything no matter what. I highly recommend it:)
  • Mike Romo
    Nice setup. Ed Caffrey has a great video on Youtube about lighting, he specifically mentions that it is not only the volume of light, but the type. He uses halogens, fluorescents, and incandescents around his work areas. I can "see" how the varying frequencies and colors of lights would reveal every little scratch. I like your setup for sure.
  • Jeff Kushen
    FYI, (not a plug!) Sam's Club has a great "LED Shop Light" for like $35. They are super bright, super energy efficient, show every little defect and I put two up in my shop, and i no longer need a spotlight by my grinder, and I have super high ceilings.
  • David Gray
    i actually have those LED lights and i love them i will defiantly be buying more :cool:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the Knife Talk forum!

Sign up to the forum for free to start discussions and get your questions & queries answered and engage with the community.